We are super excited to introduce you to our new Open Session Co-ordinator Eleanor.
1. What was your favourite toy growing up?
This little bat soft toy with Velcro on the wing tips and feet, that was based off the book Stellaluna as I thought she’d protect me in the dark. She stuck around during my beanie baby phase and when darkness didn't bother me. Now lives in my closet as too precious to give away.
2. What is your favourite thing about the toy library?
Starting as a volunteer, the team makes you feel welcome and time flies, whether it's sharing excitement over shiny new toys or trying to figure out how exactly a toy with one hundred pieces goes together.
3. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
Kuang Si Waterfalls, Laos, for nearly untouched natural wonder. The whole place looks like it’s been photoshopped - even when you’re standing there!
4. What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?
Shark fin for cruelty reasons :(
5. What’s your favourite kind of sandwich?
A simple grilled cheese toastie can’t be beat.
6. What's your favourite quote?
“If you reach for the heavens, you get the stars thrown in”
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The Amazon, it just seems to have awesome flora, cool fauna, and a place you always hear about. Possibility of seeing sloths may have swayed this choice as well.
8. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Curl up on a couch, my dog at my feet, and watch Netflix on my laptop. Hot chocolate or brownies optional.
9. As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
I remember it changing nearly daily, but marine biologist was the most common.
10. What is your favourite day of the week?
Sunday – the one day always reserved for relaxing, family, and freedom.